Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another Day in the Bag...

Traded really really well today. The morning kicked ass and while I didn't have any huge runners (and one of my winners was @ 6.25/tick in the 6B) there were solid consistent gains to be had. What i've noticed (and this is not a revelation) is that the moves in the afternoons just really aren't there. I think when i'm going to go live next week i'll be focusing on a 3 hour trade window from 9AM CST - 12PM CST.

Literally 85% of our trades this week have occurred prior to 12PM. And of that 85%, 92% were winners! If I include pars, 96% were winners! By contrast 12PM - 2PM has netted $-10.55 after commissions. Simply not worth the time. Previously I had only traded from 9-11 or 12 and never bothered with the afternoons and I will revert back to this practice. Once the European markets close down the odds of catching some good moves are outlier at best. Things go into consolidation and die down - not the optimal time for me.


Best thing thus far was checking out my running "live" profit factor results. Came in at a solid 6.17! Which is right on target with the backtest results as I am using two different pullback entries and one had a backtest of around 5.15 and the other at 6.00. Its very cool to see backtest results actually mesh up with real results for a change!

Trade Results:
5 Trades, 3 Wins, 2 Pars
Gross P/L: $168.75/per

No comments: