Friday, February 13, 2009

A Win, A Loss, A Par, and a Profit

Well, the system worked just how it should this morning. Caught a nice upward move, paid up to get in 1 tick more than I was supposed to but who cares... I didn't get greedy with the exit, just took what target price that was set and went on with my business. A second long signaled which I entered and got taken out on a stop run. But I was able to re-enter it and get to par for a tick.


All in all i'm pleased. Why? Because my old entries this morning wouldn't have even given me the opportunity to get into a move. More than that I took a TINY win this morning, still had one loss of a normal size with this method and I was still in the black on the day... One loss with the old entries would wipe out gains and then some. I'll be simming for the rest of the day on and off but we are getting dumped on with 2" of snow an hour here right now and I think i'll be outside shoveling to keep pace with it for the rest of the afternoon.

So from a P/L standpoint this was my worst week ever - but I couldn't be happier about it. It forced me to accept my weaknesses and correct them. I went through the charts last night for this week had over 1800.00 in profits from taking pure, no interpretation signals, entries, management, and exits right down to the tick off a 1 minute chart was available. That's the kind of opportunity I have from now on and i'm so excited about it I could barely sleep last night. This is a turning point in my career and I am happy to be able to share it with you all!

Have a great extended weekend traders and enjoy Monday off!

Trade Results:

+25.00

3 comments:

E-Mini Player said...

Awesome stuff. Our entries are more aligned now...should be fun! Sucks that you guys are getting hitting with so much snow. The LLC can not be formed in Nebraska :D I'm thinking along the same lines as you....OC

Michael said...

Good, your adjustments are working, that's great!

Anonymous said...

That's excellent news! As someone who is also coming of age into trading, it's a big help reading your entries. Keep it up!